1997 318i BMW A/C problems

I have a 318i 1997 bmw which the a/c shuts off and on by it's self. I am unable to use the defrost as well. The display will sometimes show dim readings. I also hear clicks or a loud sound of the vents opening and closing
which lets me know that I can attempt to turn on the unit.

Many cars have a switch which shuts down the a/c when the coolant temperature gets too high. You should check the level of the coolant first. Jim
On Wed, 24 May 2006 16:14:20 +0000, natdanean wrote:

Sounds like a busted climate control unit, that is if it's dual zone digital... Common problem...
http://www.macadamizer.com/bmwfix.html
This is a super easy fix if you can solder well.
Thanks, Mark http://www.atari-source.org