1997 318i - how to refill the power steering fluid??

Hi All,

I think my 1997 318i might be low on steering fluid as it is making a noise when turning.

I cannot find the reservoir... The owners manual shows the location for the 325 but not for the 318...for the 318, it says "ask your dealer to do it". ??

Can anyone tell me where the reservoir is? Is it really that inaccessible that a mechanic has to check the level and refill it?

Also is there a link to the official bmw recommended type of fluid?

Thank you!!

Robert

Reply to
robert

Ya, I remember mine also was low. The reservoir is located very low on the front right side. next to alternator??

Reply to
AL BENSER