1997 M3 Oil - advise please

My oil is running low and my M3 is my only means of transportation. Can I add 10W-30 API Service SL oil to get it back to normal (maybe 1Qt) - it is not in the spec required quality list. If I do, what risk do I
run, if any?
Thanks
t o n y
Tony wrote:

It'll be fine.

Since API SL was introduced in 2001, it will surely be ok in a '97 car.
Floyd
fbloogyudsr wrote:

Excellent - thanks
t o n y