1998 - 318ti door lock problem via key fob

Hi, I have a problem with drivers door lock, it will work for about 2-3 weeks via the key fob and then packs in for a while and then mysteriously starts working again. All the other locks are fine, just the drivers side, I
have to use the key to lock it after locking the others via the key fob. Any ideas? possible loose wire? dodgy selonoid? Thank's Roger.
which alarm system is it?
not sure on alarm system, never heard a bleep or seen lights flash, it's just the standard bmw immobiliser I think.