1998 528i 5 speed

207000 miles. Just got the car and going through the cooling system, etc. Metal impeller water pump New fan clutch New coolant switch (the one in the radiator)
If I jump the fan over (center prong to one side) the fan works. A/C on or not. New switch. No auxillary fan, even when a/c is turned on, car up to temp, etc. Fuses look good and since I can jump one side of the connector at the radiator switch I assume the relay is good?
Ideas?
Thanks
And... is the climate control unit programmed? Had the battery out for a few days while I worked on a few things in the trunk and I have nice cool air through the vents but hot air through the floor vent.
Thanks
In article

Nothing on an E39 528 of that age normally gets effected by a complete power down apart from the radio station memory.
--
*Reality is the illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol *

In article

The fan should run all the time the AC is selected and if the rad switch calls for it too. You need to check the relay block is getting a signal when the AC is switched on. But I think both this and the signal from the rad switch come via the main engine ECU.
--
*Sleep with a photographer and watch things develop*