1998 bmw 740il windshield wiper gone crazy!!!

The other day it was raining very heavy and the windshield wipers worked fine until I parked and hurried out the car leaving the wipers in the on position. The wipers did position itself in the middle of the windshield to remind me it is being left in the on position, but I just left them that way and ran thru the rain. When I returned to the car a few hours later the wipers would not return to home horizontal position; at the bottom of the windshield. Instead it would terminate at the center vertical position no matter what setting it is on, or even when I shut it off.

I would like to know if there is an easy fix for this problem or if anyone had this problem b4 and know the fix for it. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Reply to
jamcashebay00

Typical example of that wonderful kraut electrical engineering/ get used to it. There'll be many more things like this.

Sorry, but never ran into this particular problem. It could be a simple thing like a bad capacitor, but you have no way of knowing which one or where it is. Your friendly local stealership will be glad to find it and hit you for $500 for replacing it.

Reply to
last_permutation