1998 E36 318i SE - advice?

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying an E36 318i SE and would like some advice. It's a

1998 R with 102k miles and has been owned by my father for the last year.

I'm going to be paying =A32,700 for it - sound fair?

Any thing I should be looking out for?

Cheers in advance.

Rob

Reply to
Rodpunn

The only question you need to answer for yourself is, do you trust your dad?

I'm looking at buying an E36 318i SE and would like some advice. It's a

1998 R with 102k miles and has been owned by my father for the last year.

I'm going to be paying £2,700 for it - sound fair?

Any thing I should be looking out for?

Cheers in advance.

Rob

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

1.8 liter and 100K miles.. and your Dad is selling that to you.

Just because this sounds amusing to me. Let's take a look.

He's asking his son to pay: $4729.32

Kelly Blue book Value is:

Condition=

Trade in Value Excellent $5,125

Good $4,620 Fair $3,750

Private Party Value Condition=

Excellent $7,290 Good $6,685 Fair $5,890

Hmm.. Why not buy it from a stranger? They have 5 series selling for

6000.00 in mint condition. Or even better yet, why doesn't he just give you the car. If you were going to give away something in your life, would it not be to your son?

I don't get families today. Even the Kennedy's figured that one out. And they were drunk half the time.

Reply to
Enoch Root