1998 M3 Switcheroo

I have asked before about my M3. Now I am looking to purchase another of the same year. Mine is a 1998 4 door auto. I want a 1998 2 or 4 door manual. I have electric seats - these others do not have electric seats. But they have nicer seat covers though. Can I swap the seats and the covers? Is it possible? I have plenty of room in my garage and can afford tools but I do not want to get in over my head. Thoughts????? Any ideas are welcome!

Reply to
jmiller0666

Real M3s don't need no steenkin' power seats. How many different people will be driving this car? If it's just you then once you get the seat adjusted to fit you'll be done.

Stick with the lighter, manually operated seats.

YMMV

Reply to
Fred W

In my opinion this can't be stated strongly enough. I've really gone off power seats, power windows and automatic heat. Long term it's just one more friggin thing to fix and manual stuff a) doesn't break as much and b) is easier to fix when it does.

Power seats are my least favorite by a longshot, and worse on BMW's than say Mercedes.

I'm 50/50 on power windows, I can live with them, on both and the auto heat in post 83 mercedes is ok the earlier ones are outright diasters.

My 633 has manual heat and seats and I'm REALLY thankful when I read some of the episodes people go through to fix those power seats.

Another reason to find Euro-spec, not US-spec cars - they usually don't have these luxo-barge options.

Reply to
Richard Sexton