1999 328i hissing noise?

A friend of mine just bought a 1999 328 and under acceleration it has a wistle/hissing/sweaking noise. I think it could be a vaccum leak but Im not sure. Anyone had this happen and if so what was it? It
doesnt sound like a normal vaccum leak but more like the sqealers on brake pads and the noise they make. But only while you give it gas
Well, if a vacuum leak, you should be able to find it by lifting the hood with the engine running. A vac leak could come from any number of hoses.
The brakes are easily inspected by taking the tires off, but I don't think it's "normal" for BMWs to have those squeelers on the brakes. But, since the car was purchased used, and it's a 1999 model, then anything could be true. You'll have to pull the tires off to see if the brakes are the problem.

My Maxima does the same thing, hissing, under hard acceleration. For me, it is the exhaust, a leak around one of the gaskets I have to get around to fixing. I used to get a bee buzzing sound, that was the flex joint in the exhaust going, before I put a new pipe on. Must have overlooked tightening a joint.

http://www.autoforumz.com/BMW-1999-328i-hissing-noise-ftopict131173.html
http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pc8444

sweaking????