1999 540i BMW - Dash leds broken pixels

Hi in BMW land (Break My Wallet).

The on board display below my speedomenter has a number of broken pixels that makes messages and some readings difficult to read.

Here in Australia BMW are saying it requires a complete new speedo section at great cost. Is there anyone around the world that has worked out a way of replacing the little pixel display sections without having to replace the whole module.

Anybody got any ideas?

Andy in oz

Reply to
Pete Leigh

I have a 97 328I the trip odometer numbers break up and on occasion will fix themselves to restore the numbers.They can be repaired however the problem is the downtime to remove the head send away for repair and wait for return.There are varios shops in the states search the net under instrument cluster.I can say this is not just BMW adds suggest many makes have the problem . SAILOR

Reply to
sailor

Try

They do great work from what I've heard on bimmerboard.com, and it's guaranteed. Price is much cheaper than dealer as well.

Reply to
LoboTx

Thanks guys - will do

Reply to
Pete Leigh

Do you guys know where can I get my leds fixed in Europe? Regards, Raphael

Reply to
RAFAL KRAWCZYK