1999 M3 (E36) Rattling

There's a rattling noise from the rear passenger side when there's only one person in the car. It seems to go away when there're more than one person. Shock mounts? Ghost in the machine?

I had a similar rattle or buzzing sound (between about 2000-3000 RPM) in my 2005 M3. It also happened when I was alone in the car or when my 100 pound daughter rode in the front passenger seat. When anyone heaver rode in the passenger seat it didn't happen.
I usually have the passenger seat moved all the way to the rear. If I move the seat slightly forward the sound is never heard.
Maybe it is a ghost...
R.C.

Richard Cranium wrote:

Absolutely. A long legged ghost on the back seat.