1999 Z-3

I'm looking on the purchase of a 1999 Z-3 for $12999.00 with 100,000 miles on it. I never owned a BMW before and was wondering what kind of scheduled
maintenance is scheduled for that mileage and might this car be costly to maintain should it need it?
itten wrote:

Price seems a bit high for 100k miles. I have a pristine '97 2.8L with < 22k miles that I was thinking of selling come spring. I'd only be asking for ~ 3k more for that.
To answer you question, at 100k miles you usually have some suspension work to do, along with fluids, rubber, etc. The only 100k mile scheduled stuff is O2 sensors and spark plugs. Everything else (fluids, rubber, etc.) would be in the Inspection 2 which generally happens at ~120k miles (multiples of 60k miles)
--
-Fred W

I have to agree with Fred, that price seems high, even if the car has been well cared for. You might want to do a bit more comparison shopping. You didn't mention which engine the car has, obviously that makes some difference.
Good luck, Chris

I'll third that motion - this week I'm buying a 2000 soft top with 79k on it for $13,000. Just had the mechanic check it out and other than the top won't go up nor dowen, it's in great shape.
Hi everyone, I'm a BMW newbie too!
Mike
On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 15:58:15 -0600, "Chris D'Agnolo"

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin