2-Day Performance Center School Experience

Page 2 of 2
E28 Guy© wrote:

Mopeds or scooters can easily match your speed and even exceed it in town, yet they are just as easy to overlook as bicycles.
Add pictures here
✖
Peter Bozz wrote:

You obviously don't know my town. The only mopeds I run over are the ones that are asking for it ... =:^D -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; drove that)
Add pictures here
✖
E28 Guy© wrote:

You obviously don't drive in the city. For most of us city-dwellers, bikes are perfectly capable of matching and even exceeding a car's speed in the downtown core. It would be a real shame to kill someone because you're so committed to having your blind spots.
Add pictures here
✖
Fred W wrote:

I would suggest these professionally administered (by whom?) driving safety courses were in error.
EVERY course I have heard of in the past 10 years has taught that SIDE VIEW mirrors are for viewing what is alongside you and REAR VIEW for what is behind you.
Take any "50 Alive" course - usually taught by State Police in NJ (who are professionals of a sort) - and you'll hear EXACTLY the technique suggested by Doug. They reinforce it for the drivers by having them sit in a car and having someone else walk around the car. With the mirrors correctly adjusted the driver can keep track of the person walking around the car - all 360 degrees without EVER turning their head.

If you set your mirrors as Doug suggested - there is NO blind spot. And that's the important point. NO blind spot. Think on that for a while. Why in the world would you want a blind spot?
Really Fred - try it. Drive with them that way for 30 minutes in different road conditions. I'll guarantee you won't go back to how you have them adjusted now.. and you'll be a safer driver.
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks for the review. I signed up for this class the week of July 4th a few weeks ago and was not sure what to expect. Sounds like it could be fun.
John
Add pictures here
✖

Hell, I tried this, but my mirror doesn't even go that far!

Add pictures here
✖
Peter Bozz wrote:

Then your mirror is broken. I've never seen a BMW mirror that couldn't be adjusted like this.
Add pictures here
✖