2000 323i Pulls to left when applying brakes

Last night I was driving for about 15 minutes at 30-45 mph. I was going to turn left and was moving to the left turn lane. When I applied the brakes the car actually moved into the turn lane without my steering. I actually had to turn the wheel right a little bit to avoid going into the median. When I stopped I looked at the left front tire thinking it was low pressure - it was ok. Off to the other side and to my surprise I burnt my fingers on the wheel. It was extremely HOT.

When I returned home I pulled off the wheel and everything looks fine but I am wondering what others think.

Wheel bearing?? Brake pads?? Caliper??

Any ideas?

I was thinking of replacing the pads and the wheel bearings. Anyone done wheel bearings themself?

Turning Hot, Sean

Reply to
pa323i

Stuck caliper.

Reply to
Fred W

fix it quick before anything gets overheated and damaged - caliper gets my vote!

Reply to
For Sale

Although your car is really too new to have this happen it sounds like you have a piston seized by corrosion in your caliper. There must have been something wrong with the dust cover boot. It got hot enough to boil the brake fluid as evidenced by the car pullng the opposite way. There is a good chance that the wheel bearing seals have been ruined by the high temperature as well. I've replaced wheel bearings on a 318i and it was no big deal. Your wheel bearing looks the same as my 318i on

rented a puller per the instructions in the Bentley manual but it wasn't really required to get the hub off.Looks like the price has more than doubled since I did mine.Good Luck

Reply to
Jack