2000 328i Fan problem

Hi - the heating/cooling fan on my 328i is intermittent. It doesn't matter if I have the a/c on or not - sometimes it works and others not. I'm wondering if there is some sort of overheat sensor on the fan. Guess I have
to pull the dash to get to it ?? - or maybe just the duct cover on the passenger side. Any ieas appreciated
Thanks, Jeff

Sounds like the notorious final stage resistor problem. The cure is replacement. Easy enough DIY job - do a Google for instructions how.
--
*Never miss a good chance to shut up *