2000 BMW 323Ci Harman Kardon speakers

I have a 2000 BMW 323Ci (coupe) with the upgraded Harman Kardon stereo system.
The "upper" speakers in both doors (the ones up high by the door
handles) are giving me problems... the sound is "crackling" a lot, I'm sure something is "blown" in the speakers there.
The thing is, I've found it very difficult to find specs on the speakers. I'm not even sure if there are 2 speakers in that enclosure, or just one. Some info I read at http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com / led me to believe that there is both a 1" tweeter and 2.5" midrange in the same enclosure.
So basically if anyone knows I have a couple of questions: - where can I find specs online about this HK stereo system, including which speakers are in it, and the specs on each speaker? - are there any recommended aftermarket replacements? Going to the dealership is ridiculously expensive! (They want $198 per speaker, plus installation!)
Thanks to anyone who has info! -Stephen Lyford snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
lyfords wrote:

I had the same problem with the HK speakers in my '02 330i. The noise was only noticeable at mid to high volume. It was a lease and had since been retired so I ignored it.
You could always try Crutchfield.com or even your local Best Buy or Circuit City.
Dan
Dan,
Circuit City said they could do any install I want, but weren't really sure what was already installed, in that was it just 1 speaker up top or 2 (2 being a 1" tweeter and 2.5" midrange). I've since found out with fair amount of confidence that it has 2 speakers in that one enclosure... the thing is it's nearly impossible to find out the specs of the speakers (the Ohms rating, etc) so the guy at Circuit City was hesitant to recommend any one particular speaker... put in the wrong ohms load and they'll blow out in no time.
Having not seen a better option I think I'm going to order a speaker package from http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/ and either install myself (they offer tools for the door panels and step-by-step instructions) or the Circuit City guy said I could bring them any speakers i buy elsewhere and just let them do the install.
Steve