2000 BMW 328i CD Player not working

hey all..
any ideas on how to fix it? can i fix it by myself?
when i play any cd or the radio, its like the amplifier inside the audio player died on me, and the rear speakers dont seem to work that
great.. i can hear a buzzing sound..
Any suggestions/ideas on how to get it fixed?
I went to best buy, they quoted me around 1000 dollars with 4 new speakers, new CD player(mp3), and the audio connector so that I can change the cd songs from my wheel itself. Otherwise the keys on the wheels become unusable..
is that an ok price? What are the ways I can fix it by myself?
"Bmwlover" wrote

Have you tried asking the BMW dealer? Rather than replacing everything, maybe the dealer can just fix the amp (if that in fact what broke) for less than $1K?
On the other hand, if the amp really died, most likely you wouldn't be able to hear anything at all, which is not what you wrote. Maybe it's just a loose connection somewhere?
Pete
Yes.. thats what I thought too.. I asked the dealer.. and they said there was no loose wire....