2000 E46 Mirror Tilt Quit Working

Wife's US 323 mirror tilt in reverse trick has recently quit. She has also noticed that when she manually moves the mirror down and then presses the preset memory button to reset it both mirrors tilt farther
Yes, we know about the door switch. I assure you it is in the right position.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.