2001 530i E39 Fuel Drain Pipe, DM-TL Errors on Peake reader

The problem I have is with a part seen in the following page at realoem.com

the page above, the part in question is part #22 - Outlet Pipe. Recently I have smelled gasoline whenever I stop driving the car. Thesmell has apparently nothingto do with the level of the gasoline at the time. Two days ago I wasfilling the tank and just after the pump shut off,I noticed , say 3 cups of gasoline on the pavement beneath my BMW.This is the first time I have seen an overflow of gasoline.I removed the right rear wheel well liner. Behind the liner andattached to the liner was the Outlet Pipe - part #22. It is black plastic and perhaps

30 inches long. It passes through a hole in the liner near the bottom of the wheel liner. There is also a clip that holds it to the liner at about its midpoint. The upper end terminates as a nipple. My question is what do I attach this nipple too? I notice in the photo at realoem, the there is a cup shaped item which it appears to be connected to. This item is not visible to me on the car. It has no name or number on the diagram. I feel what appears to be a factory made hole in one of the 2 pipes descending from the fuel input. This hole is maybe the diameter of a wooden match and maybe 3 inches below the fuel input. The nipple of part #22 does not fit this hole. As an aside, I don't understand how this "drain pipe" can be attached without a valve to a fuel tank systemt that is "seal". _ I am getting DMTL errors. Many Thanks for reading, Mark
Reply to
mejbarron