2001 BMW X5 3.0i Need Help Replacing Door Speakers

Has anyone replaced any or all the speakers in this vehicle? I'm wanted to update mine, but didn't know where to begin. I have installed stereos/speakers in my previous cars, but this would be a
first in a bimmer. I was more concerned of the air bag deployment and the exact size that would fit in the doors. I figured it is a 6 1/2 but I wanted to confirm it with someone who has done it.
I don't mind doing it myself, so let me know if you had a customer installer do it. I don't have the option for that here in Korea, but I would rather do it myself.
Thanks Larry