2002 325 XiT - 140k miles - what do I need to know before buying???

Hi guys

I have my eye on a 325Xi Touring, Steptronic, 185k kilometers (140k miles or so)

It is the ONLY touring model available in my area, so I have little choice ;)

It is owned by rich older people who also have a few 5 series bimmers.

Unfortunately, they seem to be richer than they are smart - they only did oil changes and other maitenance that BMW "suggest" - such as - nothing! (Aws we all know BMW pays for these services, and have limited them in order to save $$)

The owner has shown me all the bills from the dealer... there are actually not that many.

My question is: Is it a PROBLEM to have a 325 engine that has only had oil changes every

30,000 kilometers????

What do I need to do to ensure there is NO damage (I have seen stories of "sludge" in these engines!)

What should I be looking for ????????????

Reply to
Bubbles

"Bubbles" wrote

The "X" should be lower case - a 325iX was an E30 from late '80's.

BMW pays for only the first 50K miles.

With that many miles, it's likely all highway, and if the dealer changed the oil, it's certainly the Castrol Synthetic and probably ok. If you want to pay for someone to remove and replace the head cover and the sellers allow, that's really the only way to check.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers