2002 325i fan motor?

Hello gang, I have the 325 with 142,000 miles on it. The fan motor has been acting up. Strangely, it has kept on going off and on inside the car even after
the car has been turned off and the key removed! Is my fan going out? Is it a computer problem? Is it a big job to replace? thanks, David Newton