2002 325i new owner

Hi everyone,
My deal is done for a 2002 BMW 325i with 100k KM (Mystique blue + beige interior) for $15K Canadian. No alloy wheels and no moon/sun roof. The car is in good condition and I think its not a bad deal.
I am trying to find the maintenance schedule for it like preventive maintenance, when to get new brake pads etc etc. From where can I find it? (or may be its in the manual that will come with it?)
I have always used Honda in the past and am very new to BMW. Any dos or donts for this?
Thank you.
"yassir" wrote

This is the standard maintenance that the dealership follows: http://www.e38.org/BMW%202001%20Service%20Checklist.pdf
But most people who actually plan on keeping their cars think that these intervals are too long and do some of it twice as often (like oil changes for example).

There is a sensor in the pads... you will get a warning on the dashboard when the pads wear out.
Pete

It's in the owner's manual, just like it is for your Honda. Ignore the regular service schedule and always use the extreme service one. Just like with your Honda.

Not really. It's a car. Do regular service. Keep a maintenance log so you know what service you did. --scott

I tried those... they do NOT brake as well as OEM BMW pads (pagid for example.) Less dust YES, but, at the cost of less powerful braking.
Tons of write ups have proven OEM pads do the job best.

"Choam Nomsky" <kaos.kaptain AT gmail.com> wrote:
(top posting corrected)

Do you have any links to some write-ups?
Plenty good with the Axxis pads, in any case. No more filthy wheels. No more disks needing replacement after 30k miles.
Maybe if I was blitzing the Autobahn, I'd feel differently, but I'm not.
Thank you everyone for the replies. They were really helpful. Based on this I have confidence that I will have not much troubles with the BMW if I buy now.
I was supposed to pick up from the dealer yesterday but he called me and informed that the vehicle got an accident when they took it out to gas station to fill up the tank. I went there and the front bumper, front head light and driver side fender has been damaged. No damage to the frame. Dealer offered me to either cancel the deal and he will refund my deposit and will try to find a good deal in my price range OR he will have it fixed by new BMW parts but will not give me any discount. I have decided to take my deposit back. I hope he will deposit my money back in my credit card tomorrow.
Now I am back in search mode again. If you guys know some good deal in GTA area, please let me know.
Thank you.

If you own a 3series.. try joining up in a forum of many enthusiasts and someone will be able to answer your questions. www.e46fanatics.com

BMW MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE: TRY THIS.. HOPE THIS HELPS! http://www.gms.cc/maintenance.htm