2002 330i / E 46 Turn Signal Replacement Indicator

I replaced the turn signal lamp on my 2002 330i yesterday. The indicator light on my dash had been on, and the left turn signal bulb was out.

Well, now that I have replaced the bulb -- the replacement indicator light (for lack of a better term) will still come on from time to time.

The new bulb I put in there had the same specifications as the original bulb. Does it just take time for the computer to reset itself, or am I missing something here?

Thank You.

Reply to
Brandon

The warning should have turned off immediately - I've replaced both signals on my 2003 without incident. Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

Thank you for the reply.

Yeah, I am somewhat bewildered. The bulbs all work when I test them -- then later on, the dash indicator light will come on and I walk around the back of my car to see that the left side of my left tail light is out.

What am I missing? Do they have to be like BMW factory bulbs or something? Do I have to replace all of the bulbs when one goes out?

Reply to
Brandon

dear sir...the socket that holds the bulb can have a burned or corroded contact...please check... and do make sure the bulb you replaced is a 21 watt specification...

Reply to
infoguy

Take the bulb in the Left Turn Signal socket and swap it with the one in the Right Turn Signal Socket. If the error message follows the bulb, then you put in a bad bulb where you took a bad bulb out. If the error mesage remains, then you have some sort of issue with the lamp assembly.

The lamp is easily removed, there are four small nuts that hold it in, you can remove these nuts from inside the trunk.

Reply to
J Strickland