2002 seats

I recently purchased a 1975 2002, great mechanical condition but interior needs help. Specifically, all the seats are shot - covers and padding are trashed and frames are rusty. I know that E21 and E30 front seats will fit without difficulty but does anyone have any advise on an upgrade for the rear? I'm trying to find a cheaper/easier way to go than rebuilding the existing seat but I don't want to trade one headache for another. Any ideas?

Reply to
jeffcoduc

When I had my 75, I installed Flofit seats in the front, and had the rear seat reupholstered. They used a kit from Bimmerparts. I think it cost about $300, but that was a while ago.

Reply to
Richard Sperry

I've seen photos of a 2002 with the rear leather buckets from an E24 6er fitted, fronts too and the rest trimmed to match...

Looked good, but not easy.

Alistair J Murray