2002 Series 3 service reset on dashboard

I have a 2002 325i with 88,000 miles so I stopped taking it to my dealer long ago to save money. But my mechanic (whom I like) doesn't know how to reset the "service needed" dashlight after, let's say, an oil change.
Does anybody know how to do this? thanks, David Newton

Google this group.

Might be an idea to use a mechanic with a working knowledge of BMWs? The professional way is to use a special tool to reset this and they aren't expensive. What other necessary tools doesn't he have?

If you Google 'BMW service indicator reset' you'll get enough hits to fill 2007.
--
*Income tax service - Weve got what it takes to take what you've got.