2002 Z3 Brake Pad re[lacement

Hi-
I replaced the brake pads on my 2002 Z3 as well as the front and rear sensors at 41,000 miles last week. Only the front sensor had actually worn
far enough to trip the brake lining warning light. I had expected the light to turn off after the new sensors were installed, but it is still on. Is this a case where a code reset tool is required or do I have another issue with the brake pads that is not resolved?
If it the code reset any suggestions regarding a reset tool that I should buy? Will one tool work for other makes of cars with OBD2 or are there multiple protocols?
Thanks for your help!!!
Mark Heiliger

Read the "2001 330CI BRAKE INDICATOR" thread.
FloydR
Just had the same problem...this fixed it...turn the key to second position for 2 minutes. The indicator will reset. snipped-for-privacy@nc.rr.com wrote:

Thanks!
That did it!