2003 525i...can't unlock driver door

I'm in a heck of a bind that hopefully someone can help with. I bought a used 2003 BMW 525 3 days ago and much to my surprise I can't unlock the driver door. Here's what I've tried...
1. Tried unlocking with keyless key. It'll lock and unlock the other 3 doors. 2. Tried manually unlocking with the key. It'll lock and unlock the other 3 doors. 3. I tried pulling on the lever to open the door from the inside...doesn't work. 4. I tried unlocking from the switch on the center console. It'll lock and unlock the other 3 doors. Any thoughts on how I go about fixing this problem?
I took the passenger side door panel out and I don't see how I can remove the panel on the drivers side without first unlocking and opening the door. Is this something that can be opened with a slim jim?
Thanks, David
David Krause wrote:

key in the locking direction, pst the normal stop point it mechanically "double-locks" the door as well as electrically. At least it used to on the oldies.
--
-Fred W