2003 525i...can't unlock driver door

I'm in a heck of a bind that hopefully someone can help with. I bought a used 2003 BMW 525 3 days ago and much to my surprise I can't unlock the driver door. Here's what I've tried...

  1. Tried unlocking with keyless key. It'll lock and unlock the other 3 doors.
  2. Tried manually unlocking with the key. It'll lock and unlock the other
3 doors.
  1. I tried pulling on the lever to open the door from the inside...doesn't work.
  2. I tried unlocking from the switch on the center console. It'll lock and unlock the other 3 doors. Any thoughts on how I go about fixing this problem?

I took the passenger side door panel out and I don't see how I can remove the panel on the drivers side without first unlocking and opening the door. Is this something that can be opened with a slim jim?

Thanks, David

Reply to
David Krause

Any chance the door is just double locked? If you continue to turn the key in the locking direction, pst the normal stop point it mechanically "double-locks" the door as well as electrically. At least it used to on the oldies.

Reply to
Fred W