2003 taurus door opens automatically?

During bad weather yesterday I slid off of the road in my 2003 Ford Taurus, and during the slide into a ditch my passenger side (Front) door opened and was crushed on impact (we were now going backwards).
Does anyone know why this would happen? Has Ford has any problems with the electronic doors opening on there own? Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Thankfully neither I myself nor my 2 passengers were hurt badly. Thanks in advance.
Doc wrote:

You should report it to the NTSB
JimV wrote:

and discuss it on a Ford newsgroup.