2004 530i transmission replacement - should I let the dealer do it?

I have been experiencing a lot of hesitation when accelerating at relatively low RPMs but to highway speeds. So far the dealership has replaced the torque converter and "reprogrammed" the computers (not sure I believe that, or exactly what they did, anyway). The next step is a replacement of the entire transmission. I think I could talk them into a buyout at this stage (the car has been out of service for most of three weeks). What do you think? I'm happy with the 530 except for this issue. thanks for any thoughts to a new member of this group.

Reply to
Todd

Can you be more specific? To me, hesitation doesn't suggest a transmission fault.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why not let them try and if they don't get it fixed, they can buy you out then. I assume they are footing the bills...

Reply to
Fred W

I really don't have any additional diagnostics to add to the description.

Fred, yes, this is a full warranty job. I think my only option is to let them replace the transmission, although it seems a bit draconian.

Fred W wrote:

Reply to
Todd

just get a new one at a heavily discounted $$.

Reply to
SharkmanBMW!

I'd love to have a slightly used (8000 miles or less) 2006 530 to trade for, but there aren't any in my market ... yet, anyway.

SharkmanBMW! wrote:

Reply to
Todd

MAKE them FIND a corporate one from a head office stooge, he'll get a new one and you get his!

3 weeks is getting close to the extreme for a dealer to have your car!!!!!!!!!!
Reply to
SharkmanBMW!