2004 530i transmission vs 3 series crap trannies

Is a 2004 530i trannie suspect like the 323 3 series transmissions? And possibly the E46 3 series selectronic trannies in general? Or did they use a different better one?

I found a good price on one...2004 48K miles for 27.5K. Looks very nice.

I originally wanted a 3 series and may still get one...manuals are kind of rare though. I did find a 2002 330i manual sport with 103K miles for 14K...which seems OK price, maybe I could get it for 13 or so? Nice looking car.

I could see how if you got one of the crap trannies you'd call BMW bummer instead of bimmer.

Reply to
kpb

"kpb" wrote

It's definitely a different transmission, but it's probably too early to tell whether it'll suffer from similar issues as it gets older.

Good price, IMO.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

PLEASE do NOT buy a Bimmer, we really don't want to hear you repetitively bitching. I have had enough of your bullshit, as have others, I am certain.

Crawl under a rock and leave us alone. Go to e46fanatics and they have all the details you need... SEARCH function works very well and you'll love the cry babies like you on that site. You'll surely find plenty of other issues to worry about there as well.... (sub-frame issues for example...)

Just don't post your rants here ;)

Reply to
Choam Nomsky

I think he is complaining about the use of GM rather than German trannies in the USA.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Go f*ck yourself, worm. Noam Chomsky, brilliant. Idiot.

Reply to
kpb