2004 745i (Canadian Version) E65 - Steering Wheel Vibration

The first 10-20km I drive my car the steering wheel vibrates a lot at low speeds and a little at high speeds. Once I drive for about 25-35km the vibration is gone. Is this normal? It's as if the car is "warming-up" or
something. Weird!
- Andrew Batke

No. I'd check the front end out, but I'd also check the tires for uneven wear. --scott

This used to be a problem in the late 1950s and early 1960s with what was then termed "polyglass belted tires (tyres)" Or in today's speak fiberglass belted tires. When warm they used to settle with flat spots and when first started rolling in the morning would cause shimmy and shake until they got to operating temperature.
Rayon and steel belted tires do not do this - are you using agriculture tires or cheap imports?
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

Actually, Hugh, current high-end tires (like Michelin Pilot Sport) use an Aramid (Kevlar) fiber in addition to steel belts. They can be quite bouncy until they warm up a bit. However, it's more likely there is an alignment or tire-wear problem.
FloydR

As I know but I wouldn't have thought that this type would be fitted. The low profile tyres of today are great when warm but the problem is that the local supermarket is not always 30 miles down the road nor is the school or work!
--

Sir Hugh of Bognor

I purchased Yokohama Advan Sport tyres three months ago. This could be the problem?
- Andrew Batke