2004 BMW 525i- daytime running lights question

Hi, I have a 2004 BMW 525i.. The daytime running lights were running excellent no problems, however, I have noticed that they (the middle lights) are not going on, the
outer lights go on...It has not been sunny- can that be the problem?? I actually forgot where the switch should be set to-- all the way to the left where it says "a" correct? Anyways, does this sound like something is wrong with the DTRL
This differs depending on what country you bought your BMW.

If set to "a" (automatic) the lights will turn on automatically. If it has been dark enough to activate the headlights, as you were saying, the DRL would not come on. You need to test it out it a bright enough surrounding so that the headlights do not automatically turn on.