2005 X5

Very interested in purchasing a SUV.

The X5 has my attention, however I intend to use it for business.

I put 30K miles a year on my vehicles.

I'm looking for fuel ecomony and leaning toward the 3.0L.

Any info on this engine?

I'm considering keeping the vehicle for 200K plus.

Reply to
Vidar

"Vidar" wrote

Wonderful engine; I have it in my 330xi and it's humming along at 67K. You might consider the X3: it's several hundred pounds lighter than the X5, less expensive, and actually a little bigger inside except for rear seat legroom and shoulder/elbow room.

Should be no problem; make sure you do regular maintenance, replace the ball joints/control arms and radiator at 100K.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

I wouldn't buy a new X5 now - the new model comes out next Summer and it will solve the biggest problem with the existing model - space. I too am intending on purchase one and usually drive my vehicles from new for 3 years before changing so I think it is better to buy them at the point of the next new shape to increase their resale value for later.

Avoid the X3 - as good though it is the build quality is not as fine as the X5 and the cost difference isn't enough to warrant the drop in quality. Just my opinion of course. ;)

Of course if this is just a company car and you are not actually buying it yourself then it doesn't really matter.

Reply to
Sam Smith

I'm also considering the X5. And had decided to wait ~ 6-9mths for the new one. Can I ask your souce of info re the "more space" statement? I've been searching the net to find what I can about the 2006 model, but I've only found very limited info

TIA

Reply to
<richard>

Take a look at the following article from Autoweek:

+ Rob +