2006 325 warranty... what gives?

Page 2 of 4
From the BMW web site:

Maintenance is one of many hidden costs to consider when you're looking at a car's sticker price. For most cars, that is. Fortunately, BMW offers one of the most comprehensive maintenance programs in its class. Not that service is needed often, only every 15,000 miles or so. Just about anything your BMW might need replaced or serviced-brake pads, wiper blades, oil change, checkup-is fully covered for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Full Maintenance covers all factory-recommended maintenance on all MY 2004 vehicles and newer vehicles, as determined by the Service Level Indicator, for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. Exclusions from coverage: gasoline, gasoline additives, windshield washer additives, tires, wheels, wheel alignment, tire balancing and rotation. All work must be performed by an authorized BMW center. See the Service and Warranty Information booklet for more details and exclusions.

warranty. Call your dealer and ask them to mail it to you.

    Does *any* company have its warranty information on the net? Is it only BMW that has something to hide?     Emanuel

Nissan does. The entire unabridged booklet online in .pdf format. I would not have bought my current car if they did not.
Am I the only one who does not even consider (or look at) the warranty when buying an automobile? I pick a car I like to drive. I have been told that I'm a little special/different though. :)
Choder wrote:

I'm with you Keith. I buy the car, not the warranty.

Maybe some folks have money to burn. I make a decent living and can afford nice things but I'm not independently wealthy, and I would be a lot poorer at this stage in life if I did not buy large ticket items based on total cost of ownership.
As I mentioned before - call the dealer and have them mail you the warranty booklet.

Quite possibly the most reasonable suggestion in this thread yet.
I went to dinner with my gf this evening and asked her to swing by the BMW dealer so I can see the 325 in person. Very nice looking car. I thought it would be a little bigger than it was, but it was nice looking nonetheless. I told her she can just get me one for my birthday and the whole reliability / money pit issue would go away for me. She didn't seem amused.
Some of the posts here with regard to reliability experiences have been encouraging. Ultimately though, I would like to see the Lexus IS before making a decision.

Did you charge her $400 for the privilege, or did she split it with the salesman?
I was also curious if you had time for sex after your meal, or the $20 you could have generated during your coital intimacy detract from your gf's enjoyment????
(BTW, Ibill higher than you, and still find plenty time to spend on a new car - I think that you are taking the piss in this thread).
Very nice looking car. I

-

Spending time with my gf is something I want to do. Listening to some salesmans spiel is not, smartass.

It's rather of perverse of you to waste your precious and few moments of brain activity pondering my sex life. Have you seen a shrink for that?

Very mature of you to mention that. I didn't come here to boast about my income, I provided that information in response to someone elses comment. If you enjoy going to dealerships, chatting it up with salesmen and what not -- then that's fine... thats your perogative. Maybe you live closer to the dealer than I do. Maybe you have a higher hourly rate but do not work seven days a week as I currently am on my current contract. If I had time to piss away (and you apparently do), going to the dealer would not be as big a deal. But right now it is rather insulting to me.
And please, dont start with up "why do you have time to argue here if you dont have time to go to the dealer". I explained that in another post - I can reply to the whiney twits like you without leaving my PC, which allows me to continue to work and type while the PC is crunching away.

Not only do you have time to reply to EVERY post, but you seem to be able to do it sooooo quickly. Get a Skoda. It suits your personality - it's also crap.
-

What are you retarded? I explained this twice now and you still don't get it.

Guess I must have too much time on my hands. I get it, but it's YOU that's a little out of sync.
I just feel sorry for the poor bastard who sells you a car. He has no idea what kind of time he's in for from an asshole like you.
-

Forget the waranty - now we're going to buy a car based on the personalities of other owners of that same car. Are you driving a personality to work every day?
Choder, have you driven the IS 350 yet? How does it compare to a bimmer? What about the Hyundai?
Regards,
Robin

Its not out yet, which is why I said I am only eyeballing it. I'm basing my interest on reviews from people who have driven it and compared it to the 3 series. I wouldnt know about the Hyundai, you'll have to fill us in on that.

All BMW drivers (and dealers) are breathing a sigh of relief.

Good - did they tell you they don't market an IS 350 in th U.S, only the IS 300?

2005 IS 300: 5-speed base cost is $30,280, no maintenance included, 0-60 in 6.8 seconds 2006 BMW 325: 6-speed base cost is $30,995 including 50,000 miles free maintenance, 0-60 in 6.7.
Somehow, the Lexus, although a fine car, won't quite "bloe" the BMW's doors off!
Maybe you need to do a bit more research and less "spanking" of us poor bimmer drivers!
Tom
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:42:19 -0400, "Tom K."

out Lexus's website without making a total ass out of yourself.

I did. www.lexus.com
Since the IS350 isn't yet available, there are no prices given - so your statement is baseless. I, at least, gave you a Lexus comparison with the BMW 325, the car you named in this thread and a car you could buy today if you weren't so busy trolling.
BTW, the Lexus warranty is basically the same as BMW's (4 yr/50k miles), but if you need more info, you need to "see your dealer for particulars"? Is this how "Lexus is forthcoming with their information"?
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:58:33 -0400, "Tom K."

What a retard. Search the site and you can find all the warranty documents. Stay away from the computer, you're dangerous.
Tom K. wrote:

You can't pay for entertainment this good...
-- -Fred W
PS - Choder? Choder? What is Choder?