2006 325 warranty... what gives?

Page 4 of 4  
CHODER NEEDS TO BUY A USED VOLVO AND GEWT OUT OF OUR GROUP, PRICK!
London SW


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:26:47 -0400, "Sharkman540i"
Lamers like you aren't exactly drawing prestige to the BMW brand name. In fact a couple of you idiots have me leaning toward not wanting to be associated with it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That's the first intelligent thing you've said !
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And who the fuck are you again? Because I dont recognize you. Did you try to contribute something useful to this conversation under a different alias or did you decide to just pop off out of nowhere?
What some of the smartasses here have voluntarily failed to realize is that I was asking a legitimate question about the warranty. I came looking for information. A few people offered reasonable suggestions and I engaged them with the same level of respect they engaged me with.
On the other hand, a few smacktards came out of nowhere and started calling me names, and received an appropriate spanking. I am willing to continue, and intensify the level of spanking until they have learned their lesson. Consider it my way of helping these toddlers prepare for their future in the real world.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That wasn't intelligent! I'm someone who has had 14 BMW's over the past 25 years. Going by what you have written I can assure you that you would NOT be happy with a BMW. Quit wasting your time and everybody else's and buy something else. I mean this in all sincerity. Good luck with whatever you purchase. BTW: Profanity isn't necessary.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Good Grief, Jerri.
We've now cost Choder mucho $$$ because he had to go and look up everyone's history so that he could give us an appropriate spanking. I'll bet the group is envious of his capability, and impressed with his bottom line loss.
Perhaps Choder should go and argue with himself. While some of us might have a slight personal interest in whether he buys a BMW or not (I don't do any work for the 3 series though) but I doubt anyone here really cares if he buys a Corolla (exceptional value) or any other vehicle instead of a BMW 3 series.
It's interesting that Choder is an engineer. Engineers do spin their wheels a lot. Talking, complaning, theorizing, making suggestions, things of this nature - but it never seems to be the engineer that actually gets any work physical work done... He must be good at his job!
Regards,
Robin
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

This sounds like the lower class complaining about the upper class. So tell me your grief point again, slavebitch? You're mad because I came here to ask legitimate questions, and defended myself against a small minority of retards that is so infatuated with the BMW emblem that they will attack a person for simply inquiring about the warranty? Those of you that fit that description have surely added to the prestige that goes with the BMW name. I'm sure they will offer you a job in marketing soon.

On the other side of the coin, we have salespeople (aka bullshit artists, liars, scum of the earth) who make a living from trying to talk people out of their money. Since you're anti-engineer, you must be from this group. How proud your kids will be!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I was a bit surprised too. Here's the whole story :-)
I started observing steering vibration that was intermittent I couldn't pin the issue down to any speed or road type and in fact demonstrated this to the tech at the dealer.
On the first visit to the dealer for this problem they replaced the front brakes and rotors. They recommended a balance and alignment but I refused because I had just bought new tires and the place I bought them would do the balance for free and the car tracked straight, so I figured the alignment would be OK. However, the steering vibration problem persisted, and I took the car back to America's Tire Co. which is where I bought the tires and had them rebalance. They said the balance checked out fine, i.e. they didn't have to adjust anything. I took the car back to the dealer a couple of weeks later. They again replaced the rotors and brakes and recommended a balance and alignmentment. This time I agreed to do it because by now I was tired of making trips to the dealer.
The steering vibration problem was fixed. They did change the weights on the tires. One of the tires that had a big weight from my visit to America's Tire Co. had no weight at all, so I'm assuming even the balancing was off. They also had a printout of the "before" spec for the alignment and that was off as well. After the alignment was done, the car had a slight drift to the right; I took it in once more and they fixed that by swapping the front tires. Now it feels all OK. The steering vibration is gone and the car tracks straight.
Anoop
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Becareful about labeling people you know nothing about, esspecially when it is *you* who is complaining about your perceived high cost of owning a BMW...

I'm not "mad." I'm also not attacking you because I'm infatuated with the BMW logo (I drive a Toyota). I just think you're lazy, and enjoy complaining. Further, you don't seem to be able to do anything about whatever it is you're complaining about.
Did you actually think you would get all the details you were looking for by posting a question here? You have to have realistic expectations of a process in order for it to succeed. Looks like this one failed.

I am not employed by BMW and I don't work in any type of marketing.

I'm not in sales of any type (as far as cars go). As I implied earlier, my job is to get the engineers' ideas to work correctly. Somewhere between the theory (engineer) and the finished product (car driving down the road).
I'm not exactly anti-engineer. It just strikes me as such a huge cliche that you come here to complain about something which no one here can change, and then you get remarkably defensive when those who post to this forum explain the situation to you.
So finally, what can we do for you?
Regards,
Robin
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The answer to that question is in the original post in this thread. I asked for some simple information. Everything that happened thereafter was in response to attacks. If you watch the history of this thread you will see I came here with a fairly simple question. You and a handful of others are the ones who wanted to turn it into a pissing match.
Here's a novel idea: when someone posts a question, if you don't know the answer, why dont you save the bandwidth, time, and simply shut the fuck up? Otherwise, when the thread winds down, it becomes very clear that there are three types of participants:
1. Those seeking information 2. Those providing information 3. Those who simply stuck their noses in because they suck at life and enjoy whining or trying to give others a hard time.
Im the first one, who was unfortunately put in a position to defend myself against a few number threes. The number twos entered the thread, shared what they knew, and got out.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The answer is knowing where to get information. No one knows everything. Most people know very little. The internet is popular because it is easy to get information, or get information on getting information, on the internet.
Originally, before you posted your question, you consulted the internet for information regarding the BMW extended warranty. While the internet did not provide that information itself, it did tell you where to find that information.
You have chosen to seek other means (even though the first answer was very much correct and functional). You've come here. Again you did not received the information you were looking for, but in fact information on where you could find the information you're looking for. While looking, you made an ass of yourself, and continue to do so. Thankfully, the internet is forgiving and you'll be none the worse for it.
The conclusion of this thread, and all your time searching and arguing you've spent is that you still have precisely two options (the same two options you had before you came here): you can go and see a dealer, or you can buy your car from another manufacturer.
Now, you can call me names for as long as you want. You can participate in flame wars until your fingers fall off. Unfortunately, you still have only two options, and neither of them are influenced by the course of action *you* chose to enter into after you posted your question.
Remember that no one here cares if you find the information you're looking for.
Regards,
Robin
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Yes, but is it such a bizarre request to ask a group of enthusiasts about a make whether or not anyone has the information in an electronic format they could share? In other words, someone who has already gone through the sales song and dance and has a simple .pdf they could share, etc. In all of the newsgroups for other car makes, luxury models or otherwise, I find the group as a whole to be quite helpful with this type of information sharing. This group however (while I will admit there were some people who made an effort to help early on) however seems to have an excessive number of people who just want to ignite a flame war over the simple fact that I refuse to go 30 minutes from home and spend another hour talking to a salesman, just in order to obtain something so trivial as warranty information.
As this thread was going on, I made a mental list of the last two dozen or so items I have purchased over the last year that cost more than fifty bucks or so. I looked up most of the manufacturers online. I could not find a SINGLE case where the warranty information for the product I bought was not available online. So, when you guys start defending BMW's practice of not putting the warranty online, you are only citing yourself as oddballs. Being elusive with warranty information *IS* very uncommon and should be cause for concern.

Actually someone did provide quite a bit of the answers I was looking for... are you following the thread completely? Whether or not the information is 100% correct might be another issue, but the fact that someone is making a reasonable effort to answer the question is (almost) all I could ask for. The other thing I could ask for is that folks who have absolutely nothing to contribute but whining would kindly shut the fuck up.

Only in the small little minds of yourself and a handful of others.

That's not true, someone provided me some of the information, and someone else suggested I call the dealer and request the information be mailed to me. The effort of the original post was not a complete loss.
In almost any other car newsgroup, I think the thread would have remained focused on information sharing rather than flaming. It seems a certain percentage of BMW enthusiasts are "special" (in the same sense of the word it is used in "special" olympics.

Just as nobody cares if you choke to death on a sardine. That's just the internet. I didn't come here looking for hugs and kisses, I came here looking for information. I did receive some, its not perfect, but hey that's the internet too.
What's even better is that I've had the opportunity to publically spank a few snot-nosed little cry babies, who might have learned a think or two about jutting their noses into a thread and invoking a flame war where there did not need to be one. Maybe in some small way, this will reduce the number of smacktards on usenet, or at least encourage them to engage their brains before picking a fight. I can only remain optimistic.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You mean deluded? You're adding to the problem, not subtracting. Talk about more money than brains.
Regards,
Robin
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

We have only his word for the money as well. You generally find that people who do earn a reasonable amount don't brag about it.
This idiot is nothing but a troll. Fortunately BMW do not need to sell cars to wankers. Perhaps this wanker can stay with Nissan. I'm sure they'll be just thrilled to see him again.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Pot calling the kettle black!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.