2009 iDrive Question

Time is winding down on my '01 330i, and I'm zeroing in on an '09 328i coupe. I'm very encouraged by the new Generation iDrive, and I'm wondering if everything voice-activated?

For example, are there voice commands that will allow you to change radio stations, navigate through my iPod (assuming I get the BMW integration kit), verbalize address for Nav, call Mary at Home, etc? And, regarding Nav, are the voice prompts street specific (turn Left on Elm St) or just general (turn Left in 500 feet)? Please comment only if you have the new 2009 version of iDrive, since that's the only version I'm interested in.

All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
Dell Christopher

You may want to consider going down to your nearest dealer and testing out the system yourself. Only then will you be able to answer all of the questions posed. You can also see how easily the salespeople work the system. With idrive1.0, it was a blast watching them fumble around it. Good Luck!

Reply to
Brewster Fong