Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

BMW wheels & tires
Set of wheels for 2001 - 2006 BMW M3 . Stock Wheels 8 Fronts and 9 Rears . Wheels are reconditioned and are like new . Tires are Toyo Proxes T1R . Z rated Fronts : 245 x 40 x 18 Rears : 275 x 35 x 18...
2
2

Fair price for 2002 330xi?
I have a 2002 330xi with almost 149k miles on it. It has the premium and sports package, and an auto transmission. The AC is out, due to a freon leak. That is a tough repair, about 12 hours of labor I...
5
5

E90 Tyres.
We've just bought a 2009 320D SE Saloon fitted with Bridgestone Potenza 225/45R17 91V run flat tyres. On indifferent surfaces the ride is pretty grim to downright scary depending on the speed and...
16
16

Battery draining
I've a 2002 E39 with a battery problem. It started a while back during the cold weather. I wasn't using the car much, and the battery ran flat a couple of times. I figured that was to be expected, and...
13
13

17' Wheels
I am in the process of buying a new BMW 335i xDrive with 17" wheels and would like to get 4 more to mount my snow tires on but would rather not buy from BMW considering their prices. I live in...
10
10

cd player - not working
1995 740i ---------- about 1 yr ago the factory radio ( C23) stopped working managed to find a C23 radio on ebay, removal/installation was real easy about 6 months ago, the 6 cd changer (in the truck)...
4
4

Sliding BMW Z4 Seat Kills Apple iPad
A ZPost forum member shares his story of the dangers of slipping an iPad behind the front seat of a BMW Z4. Especially when the Z4 has two disparately-sized drivers. Can someone say Apple sauce?...

E36 M52 overheating slightly
Funny thing happened today. For the first time in well over six months it was warm enough to drive with the heating turned off in my '96 328i. In fact I think the E30 will leave it's hibernation in...
4
4

Z3 cold start issue update
A few months ago I posted a message about a cold starting problem that I was having with my '97 Z3. When it was cold, the car would start but then the idle would drop. The car would stall if I didn't...
1
1

Shock Absorbers (KYB, OEM, Bildstein, etc) best bang for buck ?
BMW Inc looked at the undercarriage of my 2000 528i (185,000 miles) and nothing is at wear or worry ... it is holding the wheel alignment of 5000 miles ago .. just the shock absorbers are getting...

What to do with a 1975 3.0si?
This has been sitting in a garage since the early 1980's. Back then it had VERY noisy valves & I had a friend willing to help repair it. We took the cylinder head off but he got stuck because it...
1
1

Re: Electronic Throttle
Car computers aren't running the toy OS commonly known as Windows. Good luck to you. Isn't it already?

Re: Electronic Throttle
Ditto, I've had the same thing (broken return spring) on a cable activated carb. Not had problems with drive-by-wire (but know a few that have had). Regardless, the easy thing to do (usually thought...
5
5

Re: Electronic Throttle
Like the "sissy switch" like on a snowmobile or water-craft. When you bail on one of those it shuts down immediately. On a car it could be called the "panic button"

Re: Electronic Throttle
"Bill Putney" wrote: Umm - they already have those miracle devices. They're called "gear shift levers with neutral positions". Why would you add another confusion factor and more clutter into the mix?...
1
1