3 series coupe announced

I hope the styling follows over to the e90.

Reply to
joe_tide

*twin turbo*?

dizzy is gonna have a cow, man!

ahahahahahahahahahaha!

Reply to
daytripper
335i. The tale came true.
Reply to
joe_tide

Thank god they didn't name it a 4 series, which they almost did

joe_tide wrote:

Reply to
weng94

"joe_tide" wrote in news:124olhmobml9c76 @corp.supernews.com:

For Sale:

2004 330Ci ZHP package 6 Speed Loaded 21,000 KM Silver Grey with Black leather and Black Aluminum Trim ***Avail September***
Reply to
-

"weng94" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Why? Now dropping the "C" from the coupe's designation--keeping it in line with the 6 series--merely adds confusion.

I'd buy the car whether it's a 335i or a 435i. And would have appreciated the distinctiveness of the coupe having unique naming.

Reply to
Kevin Oberle

Kevin Oberle haute in die Tasten:

Living in Munich, I have seen sveral 3' series coupés lately. They seemde to be pre-production cars, because the brand signs were hidden under tape.

My two first impressions were these:

  1. looks nice, clean and plain. Somehow like a mixture between E90 and 850ci. Not bad, but also not totally terriffic.

  1. no sound. The new engine soulds like an electric motor. May sound different from the inside, but the sound was as low asi twas boring.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

That's my objection to my early ('99) E46. You can't hear the engine at all from inside the car with the windows closed. My other BMW, a Z4, has a resonant tube in the engine bay to amplify the sound - seems sort of nutty, but it works pretty well.

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

I agree on the "not bad" thing. Much better than the E90 though, especially the rear end.

Do you think you may heve seen the 3 series gas/electric hybrid?

Reply to
joe_tide

"joe_tide" haute in die Tasten:

No. Don't think so. The thing sounded like a very, very silent inline six

Fine, if you like very, very silent cars;-)

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

I do when they're not mine...