3 series coupe announced

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futurevehicles/new3coupe
I hope the styling follows over to the e90.

*twin turbo*?
dizzy is gonna have a cow, man!
ahahahahahahahahahaha!
335i. The tale came true.

Thank god they didn't name it a 4 series, which they almost did
joe_tide wrote:

Why? Now dropping the "C" from the coupe's designation--keeping it in line with the 6 series--merely adds confusion.
I'd buy the car whether it's a 335i or a 435i. And would have appreciated the distinctiveness of the coupe having unique naming.
--
Kevin

Living in Munich, I have seen sveral 3' series coups lately. They seemde to be pre-production cars, because the brand signs were hidden under tape.
My two first impressions were these:
1. looks nice, clean and plain. Somehow like a mixture between E90 and 850ci. Not bad, but also not totally terriffic.
2. no sound. The new engine soulds like an electric motor. May sound different from the inside, but the sound was as low asi twas boring.
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance

That's my objection to my early ('99) E46. You can't hear the engine at all from inside the car with the windows closed. My other BMW, a Z4, has a resonant tube in the engine bay to amplify the sound - seems sort of nutty, but it works pretty well.
Tom K.
haute in die Tasten:

I agree on the "not bad" thing. Much better than the E90 though, especially the rear end.
Do you think you may heve seen the 3 series gas/electric hybrid?

No. Don't think so. The thing sounded like a very, very silent inline six
Fine, if you like very, very silent cars;-)
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance

I do when they're not mine...
--
*A bicycle can't stand alone because it's two tyred.*

For Sale:
2004 330Ci ZHP package 6 Speed Loaded 21,000 KM Silver Grey with Black leather and Black Aluminum Trim ***Avail September***