3 series project car recomendations?

i am thinking of getting a 3 series and would like to make some performance mods to it for street driving.. what is a good base engine/model that will hold up to turbo mod or supercharger without having to rebuild the entire engine? what type of boost can you get and what is the cheapest way to go.. thinking about a 325 or 330 convertible

Reply to
zz

I've got a 318i I'll sell ya' just don't drive it during the winter ;)

DD

Reply to
Disney Dreamer

There are several generations of 3 series (E21, E30, E36, E46). Which generation are you thinking of getting?

Reply to
Randy W

e36 or e46,, price and condition will make the decision

Reply to
zz

If it's to be a 330, it ain't gonna be an E21 or E30, unless these existed in some odd market.

Reply to
Neil

There was no 330 convertible in the E21, E30 or E36 generations, so he can only be talking about E46.

Reply to
Marcio Watanabe

Well, you can buy an E36 and put lots of mods on it and still be less than a stock E46. And faster to I would say, at that point.

You also need to define your priorities. Drag racing? Autocross? Boulevard cruising? Track Days? How much ride comfort are you willing to give up? Are looks important to you?

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody

Well, he did say "330". ;-)