316i

hey all, just bougt a 95' model 316i love the car, its my 2nd BM, had a 318is, but I crashed that, anyway, a quick question. I can smell fuel in the cabin.....all the time, the 318is did the same thing. Is this a prob of the 3series? or am I just having bad luck.....? I've had the car detailed and cleaned professional inside but the smell remains......... I love 98 octane, but only through the injectors, anyone have an idea????? thanx, any help appreciated mikker

Reply to
mikker

pull the rear seat base out and check the two screwed down panels, both give access to the fuel tank, one for the fuel pump, one for the fuel guage. The rubbery 'O' ring can perish, easilly replaced. Another possibility is the pipe from the filler cap to the tank perishing.

Roger

A lot of cars do this. Fuel lines near the tank are leaking. Vapours get sucked into the trunk with a window or sunroof open and the smell of petrol is worse with the windows open than closed. Renew rotted or missing lines.

If you have fuel leaking under the hood I wouldn't drive it again without having a fire extinguisher in the car.

Reply to
Richard Sexton