318 is e36 bogs down under acceleration "Still"

Ok, I still have this problem. It runs strong when cold but as it reaches normal operating temp, it seems to bog down when the accelerator is applied medium to hard. I
have learned to back of the accelerator just a bit and the hesitation goes away, as long as I apply the accelerator slowly thereafter.
I Changed the following items: Fuel pump, Coolant temp sensor, Air flow meter, intake manifold gaskets, water pump, fan clutch, fuel filter, all vacuum hoses, Spark plugs, compression test good, and Idle air control valve tests good.
I have searched many many blogs, forums, etc, and have not found the answer to the problem. Surely someone out there has had this problem. Please help, I've been dealing with this problem for over a year and it bites. btw, I have not had any codes.
Thanks in advance
Dave
Maryland
Hi, with all the stuff you already check/change, only 3 things come to my mind...
1- Have you check the fuel pressure regulator... The symptom you talk about look like the engine is missing fuel on acceleration. 2- funny thing could happen with a faulty cam or crank sensor 3- the vibration-damper at the front of the crankshaft. Check if the rubber between the pulley and the teethed gear is cracked. even if you can't see crack(s), it would be a good idea to visually check, with a timing lamp, (like Rob suggest) what is happening when that fault occur. I don't remember that kind of problem on 4 cyl. engine but I do remember a couple times on 6 cyl. engine. With a cold engine the rubber is hard and strong enough to retain is proper position. After a couple minutes the rubber get "softer" and stretch a bit, just enough the change the reading of the crank sensor and feed the dme with a wrong crank speed. Sometimes it "wobbles" just enough to miss a reading as well (quite rarely). That's all I can help, good luck and let us know.
Sylvain