318I 1997 Radio

I have this strange thing with the sound when I use the radio, tape or CD: The volume knob works in opposite direction or not at all !! or the desired
volume change take effect after 5-20 seconds later . . . .
I did check all the connections in the back of the unit, etc . . . . If it is the "push on-off rheostat" combination is to be replace, where can I buy it??
Did anyone had that problem before???? Thanks for your help.
Thanks.
AL BENSER wrote:

Sometimes if you pull the knob off there's a couple of tiny holes for spraying in electronic contact cleaner. In North America, you can get it at Radio Shack. It's worth a try before you resort to more agressive measures.