318i without EWS (immobilizer)

A question for those familiar with innerworkings of Motronics 1.7
If I was to install a motor with motronics 1.7 ECU into a car that does not have immobilizer unit, and subsequently I get a fault code, EWS
input error (i.e. no input from immobilizer and engine is not starting).
Is if possible to either cheat ECU and supply dummy signal (I assume that for motronics 1.7 it would EWS I and not EWS II ? Or alternatively reprogram ECU to ignore immobilizer input ?