318ti

hi am considering buying a 318ti (E36) and wondered IS THE "T" FOR TURBO???

No. t = touring. A refernce to the 1970's 2002tii (touring international injection).
John Burns wrote:

perhaps that's right, but only in the most remote sense. The 318ti is the hatchback version of the E36.
--
-Fred W

Hence my theory that T is for Tiny.

Why would it be touring? Touring is a station wagon
Tom who drives a 540i Touring
Tom Scales wrote:

Correct. And a hatchback is a minimalist version of a station wagon.
--
-Fred W

And he hatchback is "ti" where the wagon was "it" (currently only "i" or "xi").
Tom K.
I think T is for tiny. This is the smallest E36 you can get.

Great car. Comfortable driving too. And that is from someone who is 6'3" and 235. We just sold our '95 w/90k miles to the first person who saw it.

ti stands for "trunk impaired".
Kyle. 98 740iL 01 525i
somerthing like tugelfuscher ?
i.e multipoint injection