318ti

hi am considering buying a 318ti (E36) and wondered IS THE "T" FOR TURBO???

Reply to
colin shevlin

No. t = touring. A refernce to the 1970's 2002tii (touring international injection).

Reply to
John Burns

I think T is for tiny. This is the smallest E36 you can get.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

perhaps that's right, but only in the most remote sense. The 318ti is the hatchback version of the E36.

Reply to
Fred W

Hence my theory that T is for Tiny.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Why would it be touring? Touring is a station wagon

Tom who drives a 540i Touring

Reply to
Tom Scales

Correct. And a hatchback is a minimalist version of a station wagon.

Reply to
Fred W

And he hatchback is "ti" where the wagon was "it" (currently only "i" or "xi").

Tom K.

Reply to
Tom K.

Great car. Comfortable driving too. And that is from someone who is 6'3" and 235. We just sold our '95 w/90k miles to the first person who saw it.

Reply to
grinder

ti stands for "trunk impaired".

Kyle.