320D 1999 E46 problem: glass wiper stops functioning

Hi all,
I have a problem with my glass wipers, they stop functioning now and then. When I wait like 3 minutes everything works fine again. This is happening
quite randomly but irritating and very dangerous. The dealer has replaced a relais and then the problem was gone for a while but now it starts to happen again now and then. Are people familair with this problem, does anyone know a solution for it? Thanks in advance!!
kind regards,