320d SE

I am in the market for one of these (currently have a E46 328i SE). There seem to be quite a few knocking about around the X/Y plate 2001 for quite
reasonable money.
I have read quite a few horrow reports about turbos failing on pre 03 models - is that the case? Is a 50k mile to 100 k miler a risk??
Regards

To replace the 328? =:-o

Bet he'll save a fortune on petrol. The 320d must account for almost a third of E46 sales judging by the number on the roads!
Not sure i can answer your question but....
I have a 2003 320d Touring with 114K on the clock.
Runs like a dream, never had anything go wrong except the turbo pipe came off, resulted in driving like a bag of spanners.
15 later after a vist to my mechanic and all OK!
John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland