320i SE lock problem

Hi I have got myself my first BMW its a 320i se (1995) model overall I am pleased with my purchase but I find I have a problem with the locks the only
key I was supplied will not open the drivers door and can be a bit awkward opening the passenger door from what I can make out it has a (system 1) protection system deadlock and immobiliser my question is would it be ok to try and source a set of keys and a boot lock / and a couple of door locks plus ignition barrel and replace them or as someone has told me this is not possible as the keys are chipped to each individual motor any help in this problem will be gratefully received thanks in advance

If your car has a third brake light in the rear window it's the facelift UK model, it has EWS anti-theft and the key is coded. A 95 could be EWS or non-EWS, it was the changeover year.