323is tires

I have seen some posts regarding this topic, but tire models change, so I thought I would ask again.

I have a '99 323is with 15 inch wheels. I currently have Continental

205/60's. I live in Michigan, so I need an all-season tire. Any recommendations? I've looked through TireRack.com, but the sheer amount of tires on that site is a little overwhelming.

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
ScottStoecker

wrote

What are your priorities? If you need good snow traction/handling (in Michigan you really ought to consider a dedicated set of winter tires, especially on a RWD car), have a look at Nokian WR (not available through TireRack though). The only downside is that it's not meant to be driven aggressively during summer, but otherwise it's fine. If you do like to drive in a spirited manner during summer, yet still require some light snow capabilities, consider Dunlop SP5000.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

wrote

Have you checked Consumer's Reports? IIRC they recently had articles on snow and all-season tires. Personally, I'm a Michelin snob, but Continental is an OEM supplier to BMW and the tires I had on my 330xi were ok, and Continental also came across very well in the Car & Driver article on performance tires so the ContiTouringContact is likely to be a good choice.

On the Michelin side, the PilotSport A/S would be ok for all-season.

But of course, you should really consider snows, since they will be much better than any all-season stuff.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Put some real Winter tires on your 15" wheels (I run Dunlop Winter Sports), and then get yourself a cool set of 17-inchers for the summer. Good deals on wheels on Ebay.

Reply to
dizzy