323is which mass air flow boot

How do I know which mass air flow boot to buy? what is "with ASC + T"

or without asc+t

Thanks in advance!

- Pat

Reply to
pmettes

wrote

Well. I wouldn't have thought that Automatic Stability Control with Traction control would have made a difference... But the pictures look different - different bend. Maybe there's an extra electronics box in the engine compartment for ASC+T that requires things in different places?

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

After the MAF, there is a 'servo' with an extra cable to back off the throttle for you if you've got the back end a bit 'out of shape'. This probably explains the different 'rubber boots' for the 2 model versions. If the OP has a button near the gear lever marked ASC or ASC&T, then go for that particular 'boot'.

JB

Reply to
JB

Thanks, I do have the asc button on near the shift lever, so I ordered that boot, thanks!

Reply to
pmettes